La Lombada

Add to trip

La Lombarda

La Lombada G.jpgIs the UK's oldest Italian restaurant, opened by Joe and Nan Birnie in 1922.  They originally came from Italy's northern region of Lombardy (hence the name). The restaurant was passed to their daughter & son-in-law Monica & Fabrizio Necchi and they added a Wine Bar & Function suite in the basement and an adjoining Take Away. 

The restaurant is still trading successfully, even though it has seen two world wars, the offshore oil boom and the demise of the city's famous fishing and granite industries. The restaurant stands at the east end of Union Street in the Granite City's historic Castlegate, with the Mercat Cross, The Citadel, and The Town House just some of the many historic granite buildings surrounding it. 

The restaurant was purchased by George & Theresa Wyatt (the present owners) in 1999, who along with their staff welcome their many regular customers and visitors to the city serving traditional Italian cuisine of Pasta, Pizzas, Meat and Seafood dishes mainly sourced from Local suppliers, in surroundings which have a friendly and traditional atmosphere.

Click here to view the Menus

Click here for more information on Sinatra's Music Bar

Click here for more information on Parties